Sunrise View Behind Ibusuki Seaside Hotel | Kagoshima, Japan

Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Book, Essential Edition | 3.5" Ext. Hard Drive

At the IT Show'09, for 150 bucks, you get 1 TeraByte of stroage space. It was a hard choice between WD (Western Digital) and Seagate. Seagate has 5 years limited warranty VS 3 years from WD. About 10 bucks different, seagate throws in free backup software but WD's only 30 day trial. Friends say Seagate HDD not recommanded, I wonder why. Anyway, enjoy the pictures.

FYI:
It comes default Fat32 formated. For pure windows users, I recommand to format using a NTFS system. The advantage is to able to store files larger than 4GB. But as for me, sometimes a mac / windows user, leaving it as Fat32 is still preferred. I kept it un-partition, hopes nothing goes wrong.



Why did Google's logo there?


Wow, the box comes with RFID, beware



[WD] logo, can you see?
Seems no cooling fan required.